Centenary Methodist Church

The present building was erected in 1910 following a fire which destroyed a previous building on the same site.

There is seating for approximately 1200, including a choir of 40.

At the rear of the church an extensive older building contains the Central Hall, kitchen and larger rooms for the use of the Junior Church, Lunch Club and other church and non-church groups. A special venture is the 'Shell' coffee bar and a Christian book room. Apart from these is the Little Chapel which provides a place for private prayer and meditation as well as services for small congregations.



The interior is notable for its lightness, the many windows on both ground and gallery levels being augmented by large lay lights in the curved ceiling. There are plaster mouldings to the ceiling panels and a deeply moulded fibrous plaster arch spans the choir and organ space.

The organ is a very fine 3 manual instrument by Cousans of Lincoln.

What's On

Click on a date to display a static pop-up window
October 2017
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Daily Bible Verse

Verse of the Day